Active Installs: 5,000,000
Plugin Name: Yoast SEO
Author: Team Yoast
Author WP Profile: https://profiles.wordpress.org/joostdevalk
Requires WP Version: 4.9
Rating out of 100: 98
Rating out of 5: 4.9
Number of Reviews: 26797
Last Updated: 8/20/19
Date Added: 2010-10-11
Plugin Homepage Link: https://yoa.st/1uj
Yoast SEO: the #1 WordPress SEO plugin
Need some help with your search engine optimization? Need an SEO plugin that helps you reach for the stars? Yoast SEO is the original WordPress SEO plugin since 2008. It is the favorite tool of millions of users, ranging from the bakery around the corner to some of the most popular sites on the planet. With Yoast SEO, you get a solid toolset that helps you aim for that number one spot in the search results. Yoast: SEO for everyone.
Yoast SEO does everything in its power to please both visitors and search engine spiders. How? Below you’ll find a small sampling of the powers of Yoast SEO:
Taking care of your WordPress SEO
- The most advanced XML Sitemaps functionality at the push of a button.
- Full control over site breadcrumbs: add a piece of code and you’re good to go.
- Set canonical URLs to avoid duplicate content. Never have to worry about Google penalties again.
- Title and meta description templating for better branding and consistent snippets in the search results.
- [Premium] Expand Yoast SEO with the News SEO, Video SEO, Local SEO and WooCommerce SEO extensions.
- [Premium] Need help? Yoast SEO Premium users get 1 year free access to our awesome support team.
Note: some features are Premium. Which means you need Yoast SEO Premium to unlock those features. You can get Yoast SEO Premium here!
Write killer content with Yoast SEO
- Content & SEO analysis: Invaluable tools to write SEO-friendly texts.
- The snippet preview shows you how your post or page will look in the search results – even on mobile. Yoast SEO Premium even has social media previews!
- [Premium] The Insights tool shows you what your text focuses on so you can keep your article in line with your keyphrases.
- [Premium] Synonyms & related keyphrases: Optimize your article for synonyms and related keyphrases.
- [Premium] Automatic internal linking suggestions: write your article and get automatic suggested posts to link to.
Keep your site in perfect shape
- Yoast SEO tunes the engine of your site so you can work on creating great content.
- Our cornerstone content and internal linking features help you optimize your site structure in a breeze.
- Manage SEO roles: Give your colleagues access to specific sections of the Yoast SEO plugin.
- Bulk editor: Make large-scale edits to your site.
- [Premium] Social previews to manage the way your page is shared on social networks like Facebook and Twitter.
- [Premium] Redirect manager: It keeps your site healthy by easily redirecting deleted pages and changed URLs.
The Yoast team does not always provide active support for the Yoast SEO plugin on the WordPress.org forums, as we prioritize our email support. One-on-one email support is available to people who bought Yoast SEO Premium only.
Note that the Yoast SEO Premium also has several extra features too, including the option to have synonyms and related keyphrases, internal linking suggestions, cornerstone content checks and a redirect manager, so it is well worth your investment!
You should also check out the Yoast Local SEO, Yoast News SEO and Yoast Video SEO extensions to Yoast SEO. They work with the free version of Yoast SEO already, and these premium extensions of course come with support too.
Bug reports for Yoast SEO are welcomed on GitHub. Please note GitHub is not a support forum, and issues that aren’t properly qualified as bugs will be closed.
For more info on search engine optimization, check out the following:
- The Yoast SEO Plugin official homepage.
- The Yoast SEO Knowledgebase.
- WordPress SEO – The definitive Guide by Yoast.
- Other WordPress Plugins by the same team.
- Follow Yoast on Facebook & Twitter.
From within WordPress
- Visit ‘Plugins > Add New’
- Search for ‘Yoast SEO’
- Activate Yoast SEO from your Plugins page.
- Go to “after activation” below.
- Upload the
wordpress-seofolder to the
- Activate the Yoast SEO plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Go to “after activation” below.
- You should see (a notice to start) the Yoast SEO configuration wizard.
- Go through the configuration wizard and set up the plugin for your site.
- You’re done!
The Yoast SEO plugin general meta box. You'll see this on edit post pages, for posts, pages and custom post types.
Example of the SEO analysis functionality.
Example of the readability analysis functionality.
Overview of site-wide SEO problems and possible improvements.
Control over which features you want to use.
Easily import SEO data from other SEO plugins like All In One SEO pack, HeadSpace2 SEO and wpSEO.de.
Release Date: August 20th, 2019
Are you ready for another exciting release to round up the Yoast SEO 11 cycle? Because we are! In Yoast SEO 11.9 we have improvements for security and accessibility. Read more about Yoast SEO 11.9 in our 11.9 release post!
- Improves security by adding output escaping.
- Fixes a bug where the image from the configuration wizard notification was missing an empty alt attribute.
- Fixes a bug where some translations would be missing in the metabox, sidebar, configuration wizard and the help center.
Release Date: August 6th, 2019
Release history tells us that the releases in the months of July and August are usually very quiet and not ‘that notable’. Due to vacations from team members, the focus is usually on fixing bugs and cleaning up. Not for Yoast SEO 11.8! This new release gives us an enhanced metabox, bug fixes and the help of contributors from outside the company! Find out all about Yoast SEO 11.8 in our 11.8 release post!
- Moves advanced SEO settings to a collapsible in the SEO tab.
- Social settings tab in the metabox now contains collapsibles instead of tabs.
- Adds style for padding to the metabox menu to avoid it being overwritten by custom editor styles. Props to @emilyatmobtown.
- Improves sanitization of the schema output.
- Fixes a bug where the
WP_Query::get_posts()method would be called multiple times when the query includes several taxonomy terms, resulting in different results. Props to @Chouby.
- Fixes a bug where the checkbox in the customizer about showing the blog page in the breadcrumbs would do exactly the opposite of what it promised. Props to @garrett-eclipse.
- Fixes a bug where the snippet title and meta description fields would still be left-to-right when the site was set to a right-to-left language.
For the changelog of earlier versions, please refer to the changelog on yoast.com.
You’ll find answers to many of your questions on kb.yoast.com.
Download Link: https://downloads.wordpress.org/plugin/wordpress-seo.11.9.zip DL HERE
Support Link: https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/wordpress-seo
Tags: Content analysis, Readability, seo, xml sitemap
Donate Link: https://yoa.st/1up