Active Installs: 5,000,000
Plugin Name: Yoast SEO
Author: Team Yoast
Author WP Profile: https://profiles.wordpress.org/joostdevalk
Requires WP Version: 4.9
Rating out of 100: 98
Rating out of 5: 4.9
Number of Reviews: 26677
Last Updated: 5/16/19
Date Added: 2010-10-11
Plugin Homepage Link: https://yoa.st/1uj
Yoast SEO: the #1 WordPress SEO plugin
Need some help with your search engine optimization? Need an SEO plugin that helps you reach for the stars? Yoast SEO is the original WordPress SEO plugin since 2008. It is the favorite tool of millions of users, ranging from the bakery around the corner to some of the most popular sites on the planet. With Yoast SEO, you get a solid toolset that helps you aim for that number one spot in the search results. Yoast: SEO for everyone.
Yoast SEO does everything in its power to please both visitors and search engine spiders. How? Below you’ll find a small sampling of the powers of Yoast SEO:
Taking care of your WordPress SEO
- The most advanced XML Sitemaps functionality at the push of a button.
- Full control over site breadcrumbs: add a piece of code and you’re good to go.
- Set canonical URLs to avoid duplicate content. Never have to worry about Google penalties again.
- Title and meta description templating for better branding and consistent snippets in the search results.
- [Premium] Expand Yoast SEO with the News SEO, Video SEO, Local SEO and WooCommerce SEO extensions.
- [Premium] Need help? Yoast SEO Premium users get 1 year free access to our awesome support team.
Note: some features are Premium. Which means you need Yoast SEO Premium to unlock those features. You can get Yoast SEO Premium here!
Write killer content with Yoast SEO
- Content & SEO analysis: Invaluable tools to write SEO-friendly texts.
- The snippet preview shows you how your post or page will look in the search results – even on mobile. Yoast SEO Premium even has social media previews!
- [Premium] The Insights tool shows you what your text focuses on so you can keep your article in line with your keyphrases.
- [Premium] Synonyms & related keyphrases: Optimize your article for synonyms and related keyphrases.
- [Premium] Automatic internal linking suggestions: write your article and get automatic suggested posts to link to.
Keep your site in perfect shape
- Yoast SEO tunes the engine of your site so you can work on creating great content.
- Our cornerstone content and internal linking features help you optimize your site structure in a breeze.
- Manage SEO roles: Give your colleagues access to specific sections of the Yoast SEO plugin.
- Bulk editor: Make large-scale edits to your site.
- [Premium] Social previews to manage the way your page is shared on social networks like Facebook and Twitter.
- [Premium] Redirect manager: It keeps your site healthy by easily redirecting deleted pages and changed URLs.
The Yoast team does not always provide active support for the Yoast SEO plugin on the WordPress.org forums, as we prioritize our email support. One-on-one email support is available to people who bought Yoast SEO Premium only.
Note that the Yoast SEO Premium also has several extra features too, including the option to have synonyms and related keyphrases, internal linking suggestions, cornerstone content checks and a redirect manager, so it is well worth your investment!
You should also check out the Yoast Local SEO, Yoast News SEO and Yoast Video SEO extensions to Yoast SEO. They work with the free version of Yoast SEO already, and these premium extensions of course come with support too.
Bug reports for Yoast SEO are welcomed on GitHub. Please note GitHub is not a support forum, and issues that aren’t properly qualified as bugs will be closed.
For more info on search engine optimization, check out the following:
- The Yoast SEO Plugin official homepage.
- The Yoast SEO Knowledgebase.
- WordPress SEO – The definitive Guide by Yoast.
- Other WordPress Plugins by the same team.
- Follow Yoast on Facebook & Twitter.
From within WordPress
- Visit ‘Plugins > Add New’
- Search for ‘Yoast SEO’
- Activate Yoast SEO from your Plugins page.
- Go to “after activation” below.
- Upload the
wordpress-seofolder to the
- Activate the Yoast SEO plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Go to “after activation” below.
- You should see (a notice to start) the Yoast SEO configuration wizard.
- Go through the configuration wizard and set up the plugin for your site.
- You’re done!
The Yoast SEO plugin general meta box. You'll see this on edit post pages, for posts, pages and custom post types.
Example of the SEO analysis functionality.
Example of the readability analysis functionality.
Overview of site-wide SEO problems and possible improvements.
Control over which features you want to use.
Easily import SEO data from other SEO plugins like All In One SEO pack, HeadSpace2 SEO and wpSEO.de.
Release Date: May 16th, 2019
- Fixes a bug where the metabox would be empty on WordPress versions below 5.0.
- Fixes a bug where the metabox would be empty when both the classic editor plugin as well as the Gutenberg plugin were installed.
- Introduces a notification that encourages updating to the latest WordPress version.
Release Date: May 15th, 2019
- Introduces a fallback to the first image in the content for the schema output when no featured image has been set.
- Adds a
wpseo_schema_person_social_profilesfilter to allow filtering in/out extra social profiles to show.
- Adds a
wpseo_schema_needs_<class_name>filter that allows filtering graph pieces in or out.
- Adds a
wpseo_sitemap_post_statusesfilter to add posts with custom post statuses to the sitemap. Props to stodorovic and tolnem.
- Adds a custom overlay color to the snippet preview modal.
- Adds the correct focus style to the Configuration Wizard navigation buttons.
- Props to @ramiy for making translating the plugin easier by merging near identical strings.
- Fixes a bug where the URL to Pinterest’s claim page was incorrect. Props @ramiy.
- Fixes a bug where notifications about incompatibility would be thrown for inactive add-ons.
- Fixes a bug where URLs with a non-Yoast SEO related xsl query string parameter would result in a blank page. Props @stodorovic and @yiska.
- Removes the
add_opengraph_namespacefilter because the OGP.me HTML namespace is not used anymore.
- Decouples the sitemap debug information from the general
WP_DEBUGdevelopment flag and introduces the
YOAST_SEO_DEBUG_SITEMAPSflag to better control this functionality.
Release Date: May 6th, 2019
- Fixes a bug where an empty width and height would be outputted in the image schema when there was no retrievable width and height.
- Fixes a bug where using the
$contextargument in the deprecated
wpseo_json_ld_outputfilter would result in a fatal error when using PHP 7.1 or higher.
- Adds a notification to explain why users’ Google Search Console reports are no longer showing any entries. Read more about the reasons behind this.
- Removes the Google Search Console step from the configuration wizard.
Release Date: April 30th, 2019
- Improves how we generate the image parts for the Schema output. Read more about the ImageObject output.
filesizeto whitelisted properties on
$image. Props to cmmarslender.
- Optimizes the code to avoid an unnecessary DB query to remove notifications storage when it’s already empty. Props to rmc47.
- Improves the breadcrumbs accessibility by adding
aria-currentto the active item.
- Fixes a bug where the position of the buttons in the FAQ and How-To structured data blocks was compromised when running the development build of Gutenberg.
- Fixed a bug where social profile settings would be empty because it was relying on the user choosing whether the site represents a company or a person.
For the changelog of earlier versions, please refer to https://yoa.st/yoast-seo-changelog
You’ll find answers to many of your questions on kb.yoast.com.
Download Link: https://downloads.wordpress.org/plugin/wordpress-seo.11.2.1.zip DL HERE
Support Link: https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/wordpress-seo
Tags: Content analysis, Readability, seo, xml sitemap
Donate Link: https://yoa.st/1up